Monday, March 16, 2020

New way of thinking

Hi Everyone - parents and kids alike,

Parents understand how we need to have distance to keep everyone as healthy as possible and this is going to be our reality for the next few weeks.

I miss seeing the students already...and know families are going to be having a hard time keeping the kids busy.

So - while I am not completely up to speed on how to do online art assignments - and am unsure if this is the correct venue...I will begin here with some links that can get you/the kids (of any age) started.

So this is my rough start:
REMEMBER - doing any of these lessons fast defeats the purpose. It is the PROCESS that is enjoyable...so slow down and enjoy the thinking and making.

Many of these lessons could be linked sequentially - as that is the way I think....so I'll number the lessons - though I think they could work stand-alone as well.

I would like you to send me any pictures of your completed work. Please!
nhelmsworth@pps.net

To keep this simple - here is a video used with the 2nd graders last week. 

Lesson 1- 3/16/20

Alma Thomas- African American artist
https://youtu.be/Ek3msO7GJ6w

Not everyone has art supplies at home. Ohhh fun - let's see how this can be done with other materials! That in itself is a creativity challenge. All Right, bring it on!

pebbles
leaves
twigs
legos
paper clips
???? 
Take a picture and send it to me! 
nhelmsworth@pps.net

Below it will be additional links for broader thinking.
Alma Thomas slide show 

Alan Bean - real astronaut who walked on the moon, and became an artist 
6 minute video

Stories read from the International Space Station 
34 minutes, but can be broken into sections.

New lesson posted tomorrow! 

Love to you all in this unsettling time!

Ms. H.


No comments:

Post a Comment