Monday, October 30, 2017

Mid-term Updates for everyone!

Hi

The time has gone quickly and we are finally hunkered down in a productive rhythm in the Art Studio. Students' contact time was reorganized so they could have a full 60 minutes once/week. The combining of the 1.5x 40 minute periods into 1 very full and useful studio time has felt productive and satisfying for all of us - students and teacher alike.
Students can not only make a project, but they now have sufficient time to learn the context of why we are doing this activity plus, time to reflect on their work and "make meaning" of the whole experience. That is valuable!

And, I think I have my photo-to-blog problem worked out, so I have no excuse but to try to communicate.

Please check back by 11/8 for full updates for all grades!!!


All lessons for 1st grade and up are organized by 
Skill- "I need to know how to..."
Concept- "I need to understand how to..."
Meaning - "Why are we doing this, and what does it mean to me?" Why- historically?, Why-in the context of art curriculum? and What does this work that I made mean to me?"




No comments:

Post a Comment